Humanist Educators in Network (EDUHRED) presents its Agora with Anabella Coiro, on education as a basis for building a community based on non-violence. It will take place next Sunday, April 24, at 12 p.m. in Argentina.
For those who do not know EDUHRED, we publish a summary of its bases and activities.
EDUHRED is a multidisciplinary and international network that aims to generate responses to overcome crises in the global educational field by applying its action in specific places with a broad and global look.
It is part of the current of thought of Universalist Humanism, as a major field that includes various organizations such as World Without Wars, which works for Peace, the Community for the Development of Human Beings and the Message linked to the Spiritual Development. With all these groups, it dialogues and shares its pedagogical specificity, as well as the actions it carries out in forums and various meetings.
It is based on the work of Silo and various theoretical/practical approaches going in the same direction, including a precise description of the Human Being as a central value, a vision of Experiential Learning, emphasizing the Non- Discrimination, Active Non-Violence as a means of conflict resolution and the primacy of innovation over knowledge considered as recognized.
It works in conjunction with other silo voluntary networks dedicated to education, such as CoPeHu and Edumana, present in various countries of Latin America and Europe, generating valid common actions in order to bring about changes in the field. education.
EDUHRED consists of an open organizational core made up of members with the highest level of interest and participation within the broader network of participants. It has been running online without interruption for a year now, and has already reached 6 countries to try to systematize, create and distribute open access materials and training to support the necessary transformations.
He is in the process of generating his website with the following sections already represented in the current work teams.
- The Support Sector: Dedicated to offering help to humanist educators who encounter difficulties in their approach, in the form of virtual or face-to-face interviews. https://1drv.ms/w/s!ArsPq1Lf4B2qiwtS8zn8AX34u9Ze
- The Agora: Dedicated to sharing humanist experiences implemented in various educational contexts, in the form of a participatory workshop, designed upstream with the Animation Team. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nMllDS9bEFg9j87DnxAG07ZTcNoo7PLx/view?usp=sharing
- Section Systematization and Organization of Materials: Some existing materials, fruit of experiences shared in the Agora which have been systematized, including the Production of Audiovisual Materials.
- The Training section dedicated to new or specific topics. As such, two have already been carried out during the first year. One called ¨Self-liberation¨ dedicated to personal development from the point of view of the individual educational process and the Dynamic Structural Method ¨MED¨, in which the educational phenomenon has been studied globally in order to prioritize the points to be developed in the Network and to work on them. This gave birth to the current work teams.
- The broadcast section and the web page.