What kind of work do respiratory therapists do?
- You are interested in how the body works, what happens in disease and how to restore functionality
- You want to make a difference in the lives of patients – both in emergency intensive care and in long-term situations
- You are proficient in cutting-edge technology in addition to providing patient care at the bedside
- You would like to have the flexibility to move almost anywhere in the country and have excellent job opportunities
- You may eventually want to become an expert in heart and lung disorders and their treatment
Does this sound like you? Browse some of the links below to learn more about our program – then visit us to shadow respiratory therapists at work, speak with professional therapists, faculty and students, tour our classrooms and labs – to learn more. understand the Brookdale program and career requirements.
What are the job prospects?
Employment opportunities are expected to be very good, especially for those with skills in cardiopulmonary care. According to Bureau of Labor Statisticsemployment is expected to grow by 12% from 2014 to 2024, faster than the average for all occupations.
New Jersey is among the top five states for income and employment.
In May 2016, the median annual salary for respiratory therapists was $60,640. (The median salary is the salary at which half of the workers earn more than this amount and the other half earn less.) The lowest 10% earned less than $42,490 and the richest 10% earned more than $81,550. $.
Read the full report here.
Any questions regarding enrollment in the Brookdale Respiratory Care Program may be directed to Beth Stryker in the Admissions Office at 732-224-2330 or email@example.com
If you have specific questions about the field or would like to arrange a visit to shadow a professional at a local hospital, please contact Carol Schedel at 732-224-2692 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Ask for more information.
By submitting this form, I agree to receive telephone calls, pre-recorded messages, and/or text messages using automated technology regarding Brookdale Community College educational services at the telephone number provided. Submission of this form is necessary for Brookdale to contact me, and I have no obligation to attend.